Fall in New York is such a magical time! It seems like once the nights become cooler, it starts to finally feel like summer is on its way out. And you know what fall means – pumpkin spice everything! These pumpkin spice muffins are one of my favorite fall treats. This was the first time I made them with a cinnamon crumble topping and it did not disappoint!!
This post contains affiliate links, which means I make a small commission at no extra cost to you.
If cinnamon crumble isn’t really your thing, these pumpkin spice muffins are also amazing with cream cheese frosting. Here’s a great cream cheese frosting recipe from Sally’s Baking Addiction. These are my absolute favorite baking cups for muffins/cupcakes! They are made from parchment, so they don’t stick to your muffins like the paper ones usually do. Plus, they are unbleached and environmentally-friendly!
Pumpkin Spice Muffins Recipe
For the pumpkin spice muffins:
1⁄2 can pumpkin puree (7.5 oz.)
1⁄2 c. vegetable oil
1⁄3 c. water
1 1⁄2 c. white sugar
1 3⁄4 c. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
3⁄4 tsp. salt
1⁄2 tsp. cinnamon
1⁄2 tsp. nutmeg
1⁄4 tsp. cloves
1⁄8 tsp. ginger
For the cinnamon crumble topping:
1 c. all-purpose flour
¼ c. vegetable oil
¼ c. brown sugar, packed
¼ c. sugar
¼ tsp. cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350°F
2. In a large bowl mix together pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, water, and sugar until well blended.
3. Then add the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger and whisk together just until blended.
4. In a separate bowl, combine ingredients for the topping (flour, oil, brown sugar, sugar and cinnamon) and mix until crumbly.
5. Next, line muffin tins with muffin papers and fill each one 2⁄3 full with batter, then add 1-2 tablespoons of topping to each one.
6. Bake at 350°F for about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
To bake a loaf instead of muffins, pour batter into a greased and floured 9×5 loaf pan, add topping, and bake at 350°F for about an hour or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.